5 Effective Tips on How to Get Rid of Fatigue
1. Find out what’s wrong with your health
It’s natural that you get tired after a hard day of work or intensive training. But it’s not normal if you feel tired even after a rested weekend or vacation. It may happen sometimes but you should make sure that prolonged fatigue is not a symptom of any disease.
Chronic fatigue can be caused by diabetes, depression, thyroid disorders, anemia, and even snoring. It would take at least a week to get checked by an endocrinologist and perform some blood tests. Only after this, will you find out your health status and the true reason for your fatigue.
2. Don’t forget to get enough sleep
Everyone knows that an always tired person most likely suffers from a lack of sleep, insomnia or doesn’t have enough time for sleep. Don’t think that you have to sleep for eight hours. Even if you don’t sleep for the full eight hours, you can still feel rested if you follow the tips below:
- You should go to bed and wake up at the same time
- You should sleep in a completely dark room
- You need to sleep in silence
- Take care of the room temperature (it should be from 60 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Sleep on a straight mattress under a warm blanket.
Don’t ignore these tips and use them, you will notice that your sleep will improve and your fatigue will go away.
3. Supply your body with “fuel”
Energy arises with fuel and food is fuel for humans. If you fill up a gasoline-powered car with diesel fuel, you will not drive very far. Similarly, your body will not get enough energy and you will always be tired if you eat whatever you want and don’t keep proper nutrition. Start with 3 simple steps to receive more energy:
- Restrict coffee consumption. Yes, it sounds strange. Coffee and other caffeine-containing drinks are sources of energy on loan. You will be full of energy for one or two hours and then your power will be replaced by severe fatigue.
- Try to replace fast food and sweets with nuts and cottage cheese with berries or dried fruit. Protein foods will help you to fight fatigue better than candies and coffee.
- Consume flax seeds. You can add them to cottage cheese, salads or meat and fish dishes.
4. Consume more vitamins and foods rich in antioxidants
One of the most common causes of constant fatigue is free radicals. Free radicals are molecules with an unpaired electron which damage other molecules in the body and may cause various disease, such as diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, etc. Free radicals usually occur after a strain on the body’s immune system such as exposure to cigarette smoke, UV rays, and exhaust fumes. Usually, our body can easily handle free radicals. But when they increase past your body’s limit, they “activate” such process as oxidative stress. This speeds up aging, causes cell death, and the development of various diseases. Food antioxidants and vitamins help our body fight free radicals and improve health. You should include such foods as blueberries, strawberries, artichokes, raspberries, red cabbage, and beans in your menu. Another good treatment for your chronic fatigue may be vitamin therapy.
5. Movement is life
If we don’t have enough physical activity in our life, all the processes in our body slow down. When our body functions slowly, it is tuned into rest mode slowly. When we move less than our body needs, we become tired. As a result, our body keeps less energy reserved for physical activity and reduces the production of energy. Take a walk every evening and make it your daily habit. After some time, you’ll definitely be full of energy and forget your problem of chronic fatigue.